- Deck Planning Guide
- Design Idea Tool
- Deck Designer
- Where To Buy
- Warranty & Care
Easy on the eyes
— even easier to maintain
These are a few considerations for care and maintenance of your composite decking.
- Ensure minimum 6" ventilation under deck and required spacing between decking boards.
- Improve drainage or grade soil to eliminate standing water under decks.
- Direct downspouts, downspout extensions and splash guards away from decks.
- Position dryer vents away from decks.
- Maintain a deck that is dry and clean.
- Clean your deck as often as needed, at least twice each year.
- Use extreme caution with pressure washers and use at pressures less than 1,500 psi at 12" above deck surface. Pressure washing is not recommended when mold/mildew are present on the deck.
- Keep debris out of gaps between the decking boards so rain showers can remove pollen and organic debris between cleanings.
- Minimize the use of wet mulch up against the deck structure.
- Items stored directly on top of the deck surface, such as flower pots, prohibit water evaporation and can cause some staining of the deck surface.
- Use of wrought iron railing or other carbon steel materials in contact with or above an uncapped composite deck surface may cause dark extractive staining.
Care and Maintenance Documents
For additional information please refer to the following docuemnts.
Recommendations for Cleaning Mold on Traditional, Uncapped Composite Decking
Composite Deck Cleaner & Enhancer by Expert Chemical Company
Heavy duty, mildly alkaline chlorinated mold and mildew remover/cleaner