Easy, Simple Steps for Cleaning Your Capped Composite Deck
Cleaning and caring for your capped composite deck is a simple and easy process. It doesn't require much more than your garden hose, a sprayer, and a household cleaner. The best part about owning a capped composite deck is that it doesn't require heavy cleaning every few months. In fact, most manufacturers recommend twice a year!
Cleaning your capped composite deck is as easy as the following simple steps:
- Sweep off your decking to clear it of debris, like leaves. Make sure to clean out the debris from the spaces between boards, as well, to ensure proper drainage.
- Remove any furniture or plants from the surface of the deck.
- Combine your deck cleaner with regular water. There are specific composite deck cleaning products you can use or you can use a regular household cleaner or detergent.
- Spray your deck to completely wet the area you are starting in.
- Using a sprayer, spray the mixture onto the deck and do not let it dry. Always make sure to clean in sections and keep the deck wet in order to prevent the cleaning agent from drying on the surface.
- Gently scrub the surface of the deck with a soft to medium bristled brush. For tougher stains, allow cleaner to sit for 10-15 minutes but keep spraying it to keep the deck wet.
- Rinse the section of the deck completely with regular water.
- Repeat these steps until the entire surface has been cleaned.
- Allow the deck to dry before putting any furniture or plants back on the deck.
Following these easy steps will keep your capped composite deck looking great for many years. The lower maintenance associated with capped composite decks make them the best alternative to wood decks on the market.