Heat wave or deep freeze: Americans love to grill
Good food, great friends, and an ideal outdoor space are the key ingredients
Whether you favor summertime classics like burgers and s’mores or something a bit more upscale, it’s safe to say that for most of us, grilling is the top contender for most popular deck activity.
With that in mind, here are some fun facts on grilling, as reported recently in the 26th annual Weber GrillWatch Survey.
What’s the number one day for cooking outdoors?
If you guessed Fourth of July, you’re correct. Of the grill owners surveyed, 83% said our nation’s birthday was an ideal day for barbecuing. Other favorites:
- Birthdays 72%
- Labor Day 70%
- Memorial Day 62%
- Super Bowl Sunday 30%
Surprised by the number of hardy souls grilling on Super Bowl Sunday?
It turns out, year-round grilling is hot – no matter how cold the weather.
- People who have grilled outdoors in temperatures below 32° F 35%
- People who have braved temperatures below 0°F to grill 6%
Which begs the obvious question: Why?
According to the survey respondents:
- Because everything tastes better grilled 58%
- Some foods just have to be prepared on the grill 47%
- A little cold can’t stop a “real” griller 44%
- It’s an adventure 26%
- "Me" time 23%
- Two words: football season 21%
Of course, there’s more to it than simply great-tasting food
Grilling is a key component of entertaining at home. And that, it seems, is something Americans of all ages love to do.
- Grill owners under 35 years old who enjoy at-home entertaining 83%
- Grill owners ages 35-54 who enjoy at-home entertaining 78%
- Grill owners ages 55+ who enjoy entertaining at home 76%
When it comes to outdoor entertaining, a comfortable space is essential… like your deck
And if that deck happens to low maintenance, stylish, and built to look great year after year? Even better.
Fiberon® composite decking offers all the warmth and good looks of wood decking, but with far less maintenance and a far longer lifespan. Whether you love the look of exotic Ipe or want something that’s priced closer to ordinary wood, you’re sure to find the perfect composite decking for your ideal outdoor space. Fiberon also offers multiple railing styles and deck lighting options, along with gate kits and ADA-compliant handrails. Check out the full range of products.
To unleash your inner design star, spend some time with our free, easy-to-use Deck Design Tool.