Fiberon Celebrates America Recycles Day
When you hear the term recycle, many of you are probably reminded of the 3 R’s: reduce, reuse, recycle. This year, as we celebrate America Recycles Day (November 15), we encourage you to add a fourth “R” to the old adage: reimagine.
Every day at Fiberon we’re reimagining the use of potentially wasted materials and reevaluating the best use of our resources. In fact, our composite decking contains up to 94% recycled content. That’s your discarded milk jugs and plastic bags getting a second life and being put to great use!
Reducing our environmental footprint every step of the way
As a recently named Eco-leader by Green Builder magazine, we take our responsibility seriously. Our approach to sustainable business is multifaceted. By incorporating lumber mill scraps and pre- and post-consumer recycled plastics into our products, we divert 60,000 tons of unwanted materials from landfills and incinerators each year. Our manufacturing process uses a closed loop water system and our products are never treated with harsh chemicals. Plus, we use rail car transport for finished goods whenever possible to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
These earth-friendly processes are a win-win: minimal waste and damage to the environment while providing you with a beautiful, relaxing space that’s long lasting and easy to maintain.
Be a Part of America Recycles Day!
- Organize an event in your community
- Take a pledge to commit to recycling
- Locate recycling centers in your community to make recycling even easier and more convenient
Recycling Fun Facts*
- The United States is the #1 trash-producing country in the world at 1,609 pounds per person per year. That means that 5% of the world's people generate 40% of the world's waste.
- Each American throws out about 1,200 pounds of organic garbage per year that could be composted.
- New Jersey has the highest recycling rate of all US states – 56%!
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Fiberon recycling process.