How do I remove a damaged deck board that was installed with Phantom hidden fasteners?
If a board is damaged and needs replacing, the method for removal will vary by fastener style.
- For Phantom Universal fasteners, simply reverse out the screw to remove the fastener, lift out the damaged board, replace with a new board, and re-fasten.
- For Phantom GT fasteners, do the following:
- Make two parallel cuts down the middle of the damaged board and remove the center section.
- Using a small pry bar, removed the two remaining decking pieces from the fastener prongs.
- Use pliers to remove the prongs on the sides of the board on which the screw heads are now visible.
- Position a new board carefully into place, and drive it onto the remaining prongs.
- Set the board into the proper position and secure the lead edge with a finish screw or nail.