Deck Board Replacement:
1. Make two parallel cuts down the center of the board to be replaced. Remove the center section from the board (fig.1).
2. Remove the remaining two pieces from the tabs of the corresponding hidden fasteners.
3. With a reciprocating saw, remove the tabs on the fasteners which have the screw showing (fig. 1a).
4. Position the new deck board onto the remaining tabs (fig. 2).
5. Ensuring a consistent 3/16” gap between boards, predrill a 1/8” hole along the unfastened edge at every support joist.
6. Secure the board by fastening a #10 x 2-1/4” long stainless steel deck screw in each pre-drilled hole.