Outdoor and indoor moisture are constant threats
Rain, especially wind-driven rain, and high interior moisture can be easily absorbed into building materials. Over time, the moisture can build up and lead to material decay and structural damage.
Drain, Deflect and Dry
Rain screens create a continuous air space behind the cladding to promote draining and drying. Even an air space as narrow as 3/8 inches wide will:
- Allow water to drain effectively
- Prevent capillary moisture movement
- Accelerate drying significantly
Cladding and water absorption
Many common cladding materials - brick, stucco, and wood, for example - will absorb water quite readily, rather than deflect it.
Fiberon cladding deflects water. What's more, it resists fading due to sun exposure (wood does not) and is not affected by freeze / thaw cycles (fiber-cement, wood, and sometimes brick and stucco are affected).
Save time and money
- Easy to cut
- No special tools or trade-specific labor required
- No protective equipment required
- Boards are prefinished on top and bottom
- Workers can install using ladders instead of scaffolding
- Boards can be installed in vertical or horizontal applications